Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What are some fun facts about this...?

Tokyo Stock Exchange

Postby clair33 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:54 pm

being born on february 24,1995 or just the day or anything. what happened that was cool on the day i was born or maybe same month and say but different year. Do i share the same birthday as someone famous???
clair33

Postby niichaad » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:05 pm

February 1995

February 9 - STS-63: Dr. Bernard A. Harris, Jr. makes history as the first African American astronaut to walk in space.

February 13 - A United Nations tribunal on human rights violations in the Balkans charges 21 Bosnian Serb commanders with genocide and crimes against humanity.

February 15
Hacking: Kevin Mitnick is arrested by the FBI and charged with breaking into some of the United States' most "secure" computers systems.
Taiwan's deadliest fire at a karaoke restaurant in Taichung kills 64.
Dublin - Republic of Ireland vs England soccer match in Lansdowne Road abandoned due to violence and rioting.

February 17 - Colin Ferguson is convicted of 6 counts of murder for the December 1993 Long Island Rail Road shootings and later receives a 200+ year sentence.

February 21
Serkadji prison mutiny in Algeria: Four guards and 96 prisoners are killed in a day and a half.
Ibrahim Ali, a 17-year-old Comorian living in France, is murdered by 3 far right National Front activists.
Steve Fossett lands in Leader, Saskatchewan, Canada, becoming the first person to make a solo flight across the Pacific Ocean in a balloon.

February 23 - The Dow Jones Industrial Average gains 30.28 to close at 4,003.33 -- The Dow's first ever close above 4,000.

February 25 - Frank Sinatra gives his last public performance at a party in Palm Springs, California. His final song is "The Best Is Yet to Come".

February 26 - The United Kingdom's oldest investment banking firm, Barings Bank, collapses after securities broker Nick Leeson loses $1.4 billion by speculating on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.

February 26 - Selena performs her final concert at the Houston Astrodome.

February 27 - In Denver, Colorado, the old Stapleton Airport closes; it is replaced by a new Denver International Airport, the largest airport in the United States.

February 28 - Members of the group Patriot's Council are convicted in Minnesota of manufacturing ricin.
niichaad

Postby adamh » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:26 pm

My hubby's 45th birthday.
adamh

Postby elvey » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:30 pm

Have a look below, there is a lot of things to see.
elvey

Postby connlaoi » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:46 pm

you share a birthday with my son a very special day indeed
connlaoi

Return to TSE