Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I have what appears to be a stock cert in chinese. i dont speak chinese, and im not sure if it means $ for me?

Tokyo Stock Exchange

I have what appears to be a stock cert in chinese. i dont speak chinese, and im not sure if it means $ for me?

Postby troy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:21 am

I seem to have two hundred thousand shares of fifty yen each of something. its called kokusai unso kabuskiki-kaisha maybe the international express company. the rest is all in chinese. is this a bearer thing? like if this company exists, could i maybe get some money or something? i searched for the name, but found nothing...where do i go from here? thanks so much for your help
troy

Postby guri » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 am

First of all, the stock certificate you have is Japanese, not Chinese. Kabishiki-Kaisha (????) is the Japanese word for corporation. In Chinese it would be Youxian Gongsi (????).

The Japanese name of the company that issued the stock certificate is ???????? but a quick check shows that they don't have a website. I also checked the Tokyo Stock Exchange and it shows that no such company is listed.

I would guess that the company has either been acquired or gone bankrupt. Either way, I suspect your certificate is now worthless.
guri

Postby fitzpatrick » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:33 am

In large urban areas you should be able to find at least one Bank of Hong Kong. Go there and ask for them to advise you.

A note to the wise...don't leave the paper with them. If they say they need it for research, tell them it's a copy or nothing.
fitzpatrick

Return to TSE