Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I have just started stock market trading. Friday eve after hours, I requested sale of 2 stocks, ROST and JCP,?

Trading Systems and Market Timing Models

I have just started stock market trading. Friday eve after hours, I requested sale of 2 stocks, ROST and JCP,?

Postby fitzwalter » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:54 pm

Will I get the gains from after hours if any, that took place this weekend when it sells Monday..?
fitzwalter

Postby landers » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:07 pm

If you entered an order after hours, and did not specify after hours execution, then the order will become valid only when the market opens on Monday morning.

There is no effect on your order what the price does after the Friday close. You will get the proceeds based on your sale price on Monday, and it may be up or down from Friday's close.

If you entered a limit sell order, you might not get filled at all if the price does not reach the limit specified. If you entered a market sell order, you will likely get a sale close to the opening price.
landers

Postby maed » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:13 pm

you get whatever price is valid when the actual sell is done. You put in an order to sell, which will be executed monday as soon as possible. By then the price might have dropped a lot.
maed

Postby bemelle38 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:36 pm

The opening price on Monday could be higher or lower than Friday's closing price, so no way of telling until the market opens on Monday.
bemelle38

Postby dell75 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:46 pm

you will get gains or losses.Better to quote price you will sell at.
dell75

Return to Trading Systems