Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

TSX: what does this mean? Will i lose my stocks? What shalli do?

Toronto Stock Exchange - The Canadian Stock Market

Postby aviya63 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:10 am

UPDATE: Elimination of "All Or None" Orders on the TSX and TSXV

SUMMARY:
Please be advised that both the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and TSX Venture Exchange ( TSXV) have made the decision to eliminate the ability to enter or execute All or None (AON) orders effective January 19, 2009. Please note that this date has been changed from December 15, 2008.

If you enter an ‘All or None’ order prior to the close of market on January 16, 2009, please ensure it expires no later than January 16, 2009 . Any open ‘All or None’ orders with an expiry date of January 19, 2009 or later will be cancelled by the exchange after the close of the trading session on January 16, 2009.
aviya63

Postby weayaya39 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:10 am

SUMMARY:
Please be advised that both the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and TSX Venture Exchange ( TSXV) have made the decision to eliminate the ability to enter or execute All or None (AON) orders effective January 19, 2009. Please note that this date has been changed from December 15, 2008.

If you enter an ‘All or None’ order prior to the close of market on January 16, 2009, please ensure it expires no later than January 16, 2009 . Any open ‘All or None’ orders with an expiry date of January 19, 2009 or later will be cancelled by the exchange after the close of the trading session on January 16, 2009.
weayaya39

Postby thorne8 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 am

SUMMARY:

"All or none" only applies to filling limit orders. It doesn't apply to market orders. It also doesn't apply to any stocks you own so that is no worry.

Say if you want to buy 5,000 shares at $5. With all or none if 1,000 shares come up at that price you will not get those. Or any amount less than "all" 5,000 you want to buy. You get "none" until you can buy all 5,000 at once.

Without the "all or none" your order might be filled with 1k one day 2k the next and get the last 3k a week later or not at all. The full 5k might not get filled but you get some of it.

I suspect the all or none feature means a lot of orders lying around in the system that don't get filled and smaller amounts fail to trade also. I guess eliminating that feature will make the system work more smoothly.
thorne8

Postby luki14 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:26 am

I do not know.

How about the ETF funds that I have? I seen it changed at the end of the day today as I gained higher yield at the end of the day

I don't understand, but today's computer failure I think is some thing they are putting on us.

Peace.
luki14

Postby meldon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:32 am

It means you can't sell or buy your stocks all at once... Does not concern you at all, only the day traders.
meldon

Return to TMX