Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Can i use AMC tickets at cineplex?

Toronto Stock Exchange - The Canadian Stock Market

Postby chaziel » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:37 pm

Cna i use the amc gold experience ticket at any cineplex theatres?
chaziel

Postby ephram » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:41 pm

No, its like using a McDonald's coupon at Burger King. Cineplex owns 70% of the Canadian market place. You know the Canadian federal government does not allow monopolies and that includes cinemas.

Here is a quote from Cineplex's corporate info page:

"Today, Cineplex Inc. ("Cineplex") is the largest motion picture exhibitor in Canada and owns, leases or has a joint-venture interest in 129 theatres with 1,344 screens serving approximately 70 million guests annually. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Cineplex operates theatres from British Columbia to Quebec and is the exclusive provider of UltraAVX™ and the largest exhibitor of digital, 3D and IMAX projection technologies in the country. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 10,000 employees, the company operates the following top tier brands: Cineplex Odeon, Galaxy, Famous Players, Colossus, Coliseum, SilverCity, Cinema City and Scotiabank Theatres. Cineplex shares trade on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) under the symbol "CGX"."

From A.M.C.'s corporate info page:

AMC Entertainment Inc. delivers distinctive and affordable movie-going experiences in 360 theatres with 5,128 screens across the United States and Canada. The company operates 24 of the 50 highest grossing theatres in the country, including the top three. AMC has propelled industry innovation and continues today by delivering premium sight and sound, enhanced food and beverage and diverse content. www.AMCTheatres.com.
ephram

Postby misu » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Yes
misu

Return to TMX