Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Religion does more harm than good...?

National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations

Postby jacinto » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:03 am

In my opinion, religion does more harm than good. I believe that it has caused more suffering than bringing about the good in people.

Although, people will still do bad things without religion.
jacinto

Postby connlaoi » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:27 am

People do more harm then good, religion is just the little voice in the back of the classroom egging it on.
connlaoi

Postby eth » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:36 pm

People do more harm then good, religion is just the little voice in the back of the classroom egging it on.
It does more harm than good when people judge other people because of there religion and are not accepting of other ppl believing other religions. I believe in God and if someone else doesn't then who cares I am not going to dislike them or hate them. So I don't think it is God or a religions fault it is close minded ppl that cause harm, tension among family and friends.
eth

Postby elishua » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:07 pm

agreed
elishua

Postby brone » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:20 pm

I would say the above statements are seriously misguided.
Religion is not a destructive force, it is only a group of ideas.
Man is responsible for causing rifts and tension, not religion.
People will always find a reason to separate themselves from those who are different.
Religion is just another bone to pick, as it were.
It is man who commits acts of unspeakable horror, not religion.
It is man who is deceitful, it is man who does wrong, it is man who is greedy, not religion.
If anything, religion attempts to correct these flaws in humanity.
The only real downside to religion is that it relies on man to interpret it, something that has never shown to be a particularly helpful step in life.
brone

Postby manasses » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:41 pm

YES..it does...but you know what? Jesus makes it all beter. Accept jesus and live he is our only hope.

God loves you....God bless
manasses

Postby hannraoi8 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:49 pm

Unfortunately, any means which divides that which God has united will always work counter to the very virtues that the world's religious faiths profess.

It is a system always destined for failure because it works counter to God's will. Unconditional Love given profusely in spite of rejection, denial and/or attack will eventually melt away all of humanity's errs. We no longer have a means or desires to attack our Brothers and Sisters simply based on philosophical, religious, scientific, etc. differences.

Humanity, with its insistence to maintain the forces of separation by all various means (religion only being one of them), cannot advance completely until the realization that we are ONE is wholly accepted.

Peace will continue to elude our world until this is done.

I pray Unconditional Love be within each & every heart, always.
hannraoi8

Postby pablo » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:13 pm

sometimes it does not evertime thou or every religion depends on people where and so on
pablo

Postby bradbourne71 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:21 pm

we are to cast aside religion for a personal relationship with the living christ jesus, receiving the offer of life,1john 5:11,13 read it.
bradbourne71

Postby wyatt54 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:38 pm

Yes false religion does harm. There is only one true God, and one true Religion. The one and only true followers of God, do no harm, but shed light on his love and promises.
wyatt54

PreviousNext

Return to NASDAQ