Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Religion does more harm than good...?

National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations

Postby macbeth » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:06 pm

It's impossible to make a quantative measure of good or bad.
macbeth

Postby marcel » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:13 pm

Believing in a religion that believes that ALL other religions are wrong. It gets worse when divisions within the religion are the same way.
marcel

Postby ashar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:14 pm

it,s true. some of my family became Jehovah's witness. lots of tension in a catholic family until they worked out the differences in an adult manner. i think someone could become a muslim in my family without much friction. proselytizing would not be tolerated well.
ashar

Postby william12 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:40 pm

just open up the newspapers.
Today news :
Clashes between Muslims and Christians in an African country. Some hundreds people dead. Reason : they believed in the wrong god.

now ask again.
and then, there is still 9/11.
william12

Postby eagon50 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:44 pm

religion is good. It gives you focus, guidance and something to work towards. There are some violent religions that opress women, basic human rights, and kill in their god's name but most other religions are of peace & love.
eagon50

Postby twein » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:01 pm

religion is good. It gives you focus, guidance and something to work towards. There are some violent religions that opress women, basic human rights, and kill in their god's name but most other religions are of peace & love.
Well I might point out that atheistic regimes are certainly not doing anybody any favors. Evil people can justify whatever their particular brand of evil is.
twein

Postby hurley33 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:39 pm

For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
hurley33

Postby jeremiah59 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:23 am

I'm not so sure how to answer this since I'm not as well-versed on the subject as I wish to be...

But I'd say it's a relative thing. Religion serves as spirtual and mental uplift to billions of people around the world. Countless good deeds have been done in the name of religion, and even the U.S. founding was spurred by a religious reasons...

At the same time, they are many negative things done in the name of religion as well. If you compare the two, I'd simply say it depends like every other major human motivator.
jeremiah59

Postby katelinn » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:57 am

Some may think that; I don't. I believe that believing in Christ has saved my life, made me a better person. I would be an unhappy, lost person if I didn't have faith in Christ.
katelinn

Postby jacinto » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:03 am

In my opinion, religion does more harm than good. I believe that it has caused more suffering than bringing about the good in people.

Although, people will still do bad things without religion.
jacinto

PreviousNext

Return to NASDAQ