Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I need Stock advice!?!?

National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations

I need Stock advice!?!?

Postby unwyn59 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:07 am

I need the name of a stock, a 2 sentence summary how much it is worth and what the income is. Where do I go to find information like this? and If anyone has a stock they know it would be very appreciated
unwyn59

I need Stock advice!?!?

Postby kerwin » Fri May 17, 2013 11:18 am

I need the name of a stock, a 2 sentence summary how much it is worth and what the income is. Where do I go to find information like this? and If anyone has a stock they know it would be very appreciated
A good start is going with the quarterly report to determine book value of the company. Book Value = Assets - Liabilities. If the stock is trading above book value, all the assets are More than true value of the company, it may be a good stock to stay away from. Another way is to look at P/E ratio, that's price to earnings ration. One obtains a company's PE ratio by dividing the stock's price by its earnings per share. (a PE ratio is considered to be low when it is near or lower than 20). You must also consider for-casted growth of markets, Economy, and company. Management is another thing an investor should consider.

I picked Apple Inc traded on NASDAQ symbol (AAPL). The Price to earnings ratio is 19.38 which in normal Economic times is a tad low for my taste but it's pretty high in today's market compared to other companies. It's Market cap 180.15 Billion, Earnings per Share 10.25, Total Shares Outstanding 906.790 Million. The book value of Apple is positive with more assets than liabilities. It's sales growth is up over 14% and income growth over 19% for 2009 over 2008. Net Profit Margin 20.04% and Steve Jobs the founder is healthy and staying on board. Most analyst have a buy rating based on these fundamentals. New technology like the I-book is highly in demand from consumers.

I do not own any Apple but plan on buying some. The links are to quarterly report and MSN finance snapshot. You can use the formulas I gave you to do you own math but the numbers will be what I gave you. I did not make your two sentences but in my second paragraph there is plenty of information to do your home work with.
kerwin

I need Stock advice!?!?

Postby bryden » Fri May 17, 2013 11:35 am

Try Yahoo Finance: http://finance.yahoo.com/
bryden

Return to NASDAQ