Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Can i invest in groupon of nasdaq being an Indian?

National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations

Postby devery » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:25 pm

groupon is US company and nasdaq listed. I am investing for the first time.
devery

Postby apara29 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:35 pm

An Indian Depository Receipt is an instrument denominated in Indian Rupees in the form of a depository receipt created by a Domestic Depository (custodian of securities registered with the Securities and Exchange Board of India) against the underlying equity of issuing company to enable foreign companies to raise funds from the Indian securities Markets.[1]

The foreign company IDRs will deposit shares to an Indian depository. The depository would issue receipts to investors in India against these shares. The benefit of the underlying shares (like bonus, dividends etc.) would accrue to the depository receipt holders in India

According to Sebi guidelines, the minimum bid amount in an IDR issue is Rs 20,000 per applicant. Like in any public issue in India, resident Indian retail (individual) investors can apply up to an amount of INR 2,00,000 and Non-institutional investors (also called high networth individuals) can apply above INR 1,00,000 but up to applicable limits.
apara29

Postby gillecriosd » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Yes, you can invest as now with the RBI allowing Indians to invest upto US$25,000 every year you can directly open an account with any of the US online broking firms like etrade, etc and start trading US Stocks.
gillecriosd

Return to NASDAQ