Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Can you give me a brief about the BP company?

London Stock Exchange

Postby driden » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:44 pm

I need this for my assignment so I chose the BP and I want to know an introduction to it
thanks in advance
driden

Postby blaike » Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:55 pm

lazy lazy lazy

Wikipedia says..

BP p.l.c.[4][5] (LSE: BP, NYSE: BP) is a global oil and gas company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is the third largest energy company and the fourth largest company in the world measured by revenues and is one of the six oil and gas "supermajors".[6][7]

It has operations in over 80 countries, produces around 3.8 million barrels of oil equivalent per day and has 22,400 service stations worldwide.[8][9] Its largest division is BP America, which is the biggest producer of oil and gas in the United States and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.[10][11][12] The name "BP" derives from the initials of one of the company's former legal names, British Petroleum.[13][14]

BP has been involved in a number of environmental, safety and political controversies during its history, including the 1965 Sea Gem incident and the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.

Its primary listing is on the London Stock Exchange and it is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. It has a secondary listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
blaike

Postby benjy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:18 pm

The name of BP is British Petrolium. the company used to sell diesel and petrol to know moew about the company you can visit here--
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BP
benjy

Postby haniel » Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Use wikipedia or the company website!
haniel

Return to LSE