Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I am willing to invest in shares but i have no knowledge about the market, how and from where should i start?

I am willing to invest in shares but i have no knowledge about the market, how and from where should i start?

Postby uisdean » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:54 pm

With whom should i contact for better guidance?
uisdean

Postby jacob » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:56 pm

First study a lot about the market else you may lose lots of money. Try www.icicidirect.com, Read few books (like Guide To Intra Day Trading BY Jitendra Gala) on the subject,too.
A broker is a member of the stock exchange, who buys and sells stocks on his behalf and also on behalf of his customers.You may contact brokers like Kotak securities,Karvy,HDFC securities etc with PAN card, Voter's ID, Ration card, 3 months bank statement, cancelled cheque of bank ,2 nos.PHOTO for opening trading Account/3-in-1 account.

Have perfect idea about the stock market ,when and where to invest in the market.
Buy stocks that have higher customer satisfaction to the amount not less than Rs.4000/- and sell at a higher price.
Always kept 50% money in hand for reinvestment.
When the market dips always sell first and buy late.You can see the price levels at bseindia.com and nseindia.com. These sites show you the previous records also. The days open, high, low, close rates, volumes, deliverable qty of everyday. Also they show the month's high, month's low, 52 wk high, 52 wk low. It will help to fix price of the share and stop loss level to sell the share. Don't trust the tips blindly as share market is a very risky place to trade.
Learn when to take your profits and exit and when to cut your losses and close a position before it becomes worse.Every higher loss should be removed by selling shares when it’s 6% below purchased cost.No exceptions in cutting loss so investor can always avoid huge, damaging losses.
jacob

Postby kendon » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:03 pm

First study a lot about the market else you may lose lots of money. Try www.icicidirect.com, Read few books (like Guide To Intra Day Trading BY Jitendra Gala) on the subject,too.
A broker is a member of the stock exchange, who buys and sells stocks on his behalf and also on behalf of his customers.You may contact brokers like Kotak securities,Karvy,HDFC securities etc with PAN card, Voter's ID, Ration card, 3 months bank statement, cancelled cheque of bank ,2 nos.PHOTO for opening trading Account/3-in-1 account.

Have perfect idea about the stock market ,when and where to invest in the market.
Buy stocks that have higher customer satisfaction to the amount not less than Rs.4000/- and sell at a higher price.
Always kept 50% money in hand for reinvestment.
When the market dips always sell first and buy late.You can see the price levels at bseindia.com and nseindia.com. These sites show you the previous records also. The days open, high, low, close rates, volumes, deliverable qty of everyday. Also they show the month's high, month's low, 52 wk high, 52 wk low. It will help to fix price of the share and stop loss level to sell the share. Don't trust the tips blindly as share market is a very risky place to trade.
Learn when to take your profits and exit and when to cut your losses and close a position before it becomes worse.Every higher loss should be removed by selling shares when it’s 6% below purchased cost.No exceptions in cutting loss so investor can always avoid huge, damaging losses.
You can get good information online. You need to decide how much risk you are willing to take. For example, penny stocks are very high risk. I suggest that you avoid these. Invest in "Blue Chip" stocks, These are very high quality companies that will be in business forever.

I suggest that you invest in companies that make food products Examples are Kellogg, General Mills, Campbell Soups, Conagra, Heinz Foods

You should also invest in consumer products companies like Procter & Gamble, Kimberly Clark,and Colgate.

You could also invest in public utility companies like Con Edison.

Finally, You could invest in "No-Load" mutual funds that invest in these kinds of companies. You could call Vanguard funds and T. Rowe Price funds.
kendon

Postby ren » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:05 pm

is not as easy as you think 97% of trader lose money, try to educate as much as you can before trading, get some book like day trader for dummies or the neatest little guide to stock market investing they are great for beginners you can find them on Amazon/Ebay for $5.00 bucks also on Youtube you can find useful videos.
ren

Postby kinny5 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:10 pm

I started with US Savings bonds over 20 years ago. My old EE bonds are earning 4%. A few as low as .63%
The I bonds are earning between 2% and 3%.

There is a program called ( savingsbondwizard.com ) that lets you track the bonds.

Unlike the stock market, I never lost money.
kinny5

Postby rickie » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:14 pm

If you want to invest in shares then you need demat account. Choose the broker whose brokerage charges are less than others. After then you can trade in stock market.
rickie

Postby eagon50 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:33 pm

If you have no idea what you're doing in a situation where you can lose everything, don't start. Learn first. Try doing virtual trading and learn about market dynamics first.
eagon50

Postby oshea1 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:41 pm

First step: buy a book (beginners/dummies guide to investing). Read it, learn it, ask questions. There, that's a good start.
oshea1

Return to General Chat