Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Why are Gas prices going up again?

Postby sinai » Sat May 18, 2013 11:57 am

Now the truth in my opinion is coming out, I think it is nothing more then GREED of the big oil companies which constantly have record profits from taking advantage of the consumer because they know that they need gas to get to work, school or where ever they need to go. We can't say this time that it is because of the speculators which in all honesty I never believed for a minute. The truth is any time there is positive news that the economy is getting better then the vulchers come out to raise the prices of gas for their FAT CAT C.E.O's. Am I wrong here? What am I missing?
sinai

Postby luki14 » Sat May 18, 2013 12:04 pm

You're right.
It is the speculators that are driving the price of oil up, and they also drive the price of staples up, as well as the price of corn. The speculators are the ones driving the price of penny stocks up through the roof and as long as the regulations remain the same? The prices will only continue to grow to feed the greed of those speculators.
The biggest problem we face with the speculators are the computers. Every single stock exchange are computerized and when the Chinese stock market opens up after the U.S. stock market closes the speculators can see exactly where the prices are going and can move their own money to their advantage financially. What used to take a day to work on now takes split seconds and that is where the problems are. The nano seconds that are utilized to capitalize on the markets.
That is what the main tool is for the speculators to drive the price of gas up through the roof.
One thing that might surprise you though is that "Water" is the new gold.
Already a litre of water costs more than a litre of gasoline......

EDIT: Al by al posted a malicious little tidbit of misinformation about Israel. He doesn't realize that Israel has tapped into billions upon billions of cubit metres of gas just off their shores in the Mediterranean sea. Then there are the Shale Oil deposits that hold more than what Saudi Arabia had and has.... It's in the middle of Israel and the new technologies for fracking makes it a viable process of drawing out the oil. So .... what China and the Russians are paying for Iranian oil has no impact on what Israel does to protect themselves. We'll probably get more and better fuel from Israel anyways.
luki14

Postby masichuvio » Sat May 18, 2013 2:39 pm

because when Israel bombs Iran oil will go to 150 a barrel
masichuvio

Postby ern10 » Sat May 18, 2013 3:09 pm

We've had our "election dividend" already.
ern10

Return to General Chat