Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Is there a minimum amount of shares i must buy?

Postby ira » Mon May 06, 2013 2:29 pm

Im a 14 year old boy from Ireland, I'm suddenly getting more and more interested in the stock markets but I still don't understand a lot of it! If I was to buy a share which is 0.17 USD would I be aloud to because I am only buying one share, im only paying 0.17 USD and I'm only 14?
ira

Postby stevenson15 » Mon May 06, 2013 3:18 pm

well ...after someone opening a custodian account then yes ..but..what would be the point in only buying 1 share of anything...
stevenson15

Postby marcelinho » Mon May 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Looks like you are interested in a "penny stock" stock which is not sold by the each. These stocks are traded in large quantities based on the low cost. You should stay away from penny stocks as they are not investments but truly outright gambles. To buy stock you'll have to open an account with a broker, with a minimum amount probably $500. or more. You could buy 1 share but it is not the norm. Each purchase will come with a charge, for example Scottrade is $7.00 regardless of number of shares. The same amount is charged when selling. Finally you must be an adult to open an account so you have years to learn about the stock market.
marcelinho

Return to General Chat