Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Who should I contact to sell shares of a company listed in the frankfurt stock exchange?

Who should I contact to sell shares of a company listed in the frankfurt stock exchange?

Postby tait49 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 am

Geoandina corp code (GM3)
I live in the UK
tait49

Postby kealan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:14 am

Relevant contact points for appropriate info at:

http://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/EN/index.aspx?pageID=44&NewsID=344
kealan

Postby iye38 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:16 am

Perhaps you would care for a little education.
The Frankfurt Stock Exchange is one of the largest stock exchanges in the world. It is owned and operated by Deutsche Börse, which also owns the European futures exchange Eurex and the clearing company Clearstream.

The Frankfurt Stock Exchange accounts for over 90 percent of the turnover in the German market and a very large share of the European mark.
That's how Wikipedia starts off. But as you should know all stock exchanges operate on a tiered system. That is Good companies, mediocre companies and then the rubbish (roughly speaking). Hence on the LSE we have the FTSE100 stocks, the rest of the fully listed stocks, then AIM, then Plus Markets and then SEETS. In the US you have something similar and at the bottom (the very bottom in some cases) you have the Pink Sheets and the BBs.
One thing that follows these tiers is liquidity. As you would expect the further down the ranks you go the less liquid the stocks become (basically you cannot sell them).
You may ask where is all this leading. Ah, yes, the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. Now the lowest tier of this stock exchange is called Frankfurt Open Market. As sure as eggs are eggs Geoandina is quoted there (not 'listed' because the Frankfurt Open Market is not a recognised stock exchange. Like Pink Sheets, OB and even AIM).
The thing to look for is not the 'share price' but the number of shares traded (if you can find historic trades). This should be a bare minimum of 50,000 EVERY day to show any sort of liquidity.
In short the answer to your question is a stockbroker. But, frankly, i wouldn't bother wasting your time.
iye38

Return to Frankfurt Stock Exchange