Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What are some ways I can invest in German companies without trading on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange directly?

What are some ways I can invest in German companies without trading on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange directly?

Postby aldhelm27 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 pm

For example, are there German managed funds or something similar?
Thankyou
aldhelm27

Postby haniel » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Many foreign companies are either listed directly or via ADR's. An American Depository Receipt is when a bank buys a bunch of foreign stock and holds it in their account and sells a security on the US market that is backed by the foreign security. There is a fee for this taken from the value of the stock; you never get an actual bill.

A better choice might be a mutual fund or Exchange Traded Fund that takes your money and invests it in German stocks for you.
haniel

Postby theodorus » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:04 pm

Invest in ADRs.
theodorus

Postby loren55 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:07 pm

ADR Definition:http://www.investorwords.com/120/ADR.html
ADR's are more if you want to buy individual foreign stocks on US markets.

ETF's - Exchange Traded Funds. Stocks are bundled together.

USA:
If you have an online accoun
loren55

Postby wigmaere65 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:12 pm

It will be Gold, Silver, Oil, stock market...
wigmaere65

Return to Frankfurt Stock Exchange