Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

1 co. is listed on 2 stock exchanges, w/ a diff. price on each--will the two prices converge over time?

1 co. is listed on 2 stock exchanges, w/ a diff. price on each--will the two prices converge over time?

Postby orick » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:57 am

When one and the same company is listed on both a Canadian stock exchange and the Frankfurt stock exchange, trading at a different price on each, what is most likely to happen to the two prices over time? Will the prices converge or diverge over time? If I get my broker to buy the stock on the Frankfurt exchange, and then it comes time to sell it later on, is there anything that I should be concerned about regarding the relative liquidity of the stocks on the Frankfurt exhange? (as an American trader).
orick

Postby wendel3 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:02 am

are they the excat same stock? Not likely if they are on two different exchanges.
wendel3

Postby armonde » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 am

The same stocks often trade on different exchanges between countries. But it isnt likely that they are going to have a different price. That would create an arbitrage opportunity, and that isnt very likely. The difference could just be the difference in the currency exchange rate.
armonde

Return to Frankfurt Stock Exchange