Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Create your own Foreign Stock Share portfolio??

Postby burghere » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:25 am

Would it br profitable to buy stock shares from foreign stock exchanges short term? NOT REFERING TO ADRs! NO ETFs! LETS SIDESTEP CURRENCY FLUCTUATIONS! I mean like the London stock exchange, the Frankfurt stock exchange, the Mexican, and Russian stock exchanges, others. If you look at the various exchange websites some of the stocks on them have very high returns, even higher than USA stocks. Why not put together a portfolio of each of the HIGHEST returning stocks -one from each exchange based on INTRADAY and WEEKLY returns? Why would this not work? Would it cost too much?
burghere

Postby wendel3 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:33 am

Yes, all you need is a legal residence/taxpayer ID in each of the countries you wish to trade in!

(Just in case you hadn't noticed, the "highest returning stocks" change on a minute by minute basis, LOL!)
wendel3

Postby jessy59 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:39 am

Yes, I think it would cost a lot and foreign markets are very volatile. I think if you want to do foreign investing, invest in a international mutual fund from a well known Amercian Mutual Fund company. It would reduce risk and cost.
jessy59

Return to Frankfurt Stock Exchange