Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What is euronext?

NYSE Euronext corporation

What is euronext?

Postby tier » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:10 pm

What regulations do they have over other stock exchanges? are they trying to bring all the stock exchanges around the world under one umbrella? what is the point?
tier

What is euronext?

Postby jessy59 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Euronext is the European half of the NYSE-Euronext group. They manage stock exchanges in France, Belgium, Holland & Portugal and a derivatives exchange in the UK. Euronext also owns equity stakes in LCH.Clearnet (clearing operations) and Atos Euronext (IT contract services).

Euronext operates in a number of countries and each country's regulator retains responsibility for its own jurisdiction. In addition there is regular liaison between the different regulators (including US groups) to make sure policies are co-ordinated.

They are not rying to bring all exchanges in the world under the same umbrella, apart from anything else the regulators want to maintain competition so they wouldn't be allowed to buy everyone. The company takes the view that in 5 to 10 years there will be a handful of big exchange groups in the world and they are simply trying to be one of those groups.
jessy59

What is euronext?

Postby clair33 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Read this : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euronext

i doubt they'll bring all stock exchanged around the world under one umbrella. there are too many different rules and laws governing the financial markets. Europe, however is a different story....it may be better to bring things closer together for those countries who deal in Euros. I don't know. I work in the stock market, and all I have to say is....simplify anything and everything so there is less trading confusion!!
clair33

Return to Euronext