Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Online brokers in UK and europe?

NYSE Euronext corporation

Postby wymer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:12 pm

Hello,

1.Can you list some online brokers (in UK or europe) who allows Non resident aliens (Foreigners) to trade on european and UK exchanges stock and derivatives exchnages?

2.My requirements for brokers are enable me to trade on stock exchnages, NYSE Euronext LIFFE, eurex,and other important exchnages around the europe.

Thank you.
wymer

Postby marcel » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Plainly you will first need a bank account .. and then to link this to a brokerage account (dosn't have to the the banks own, but that may be the simplest route to take).

If you are living in EU you should have no problems finding a local bank .. as far as I am aware, Banks only offer accounts to residents of the country where the Bank branch operates, however many of the big Banks (eg Barclay's) have branches all over the world.

A number of US Banks also have European/world wide branches .. and they should also offer trading facilities

NB. if your account is in Euro's, watch out for currency exchange fees if you trade UK or US stocks ..
marcel

Postby adamh » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:22 pm

there're plenty of stock brokers in the UK and I assume (and I would recommend) you're looking for FSA regulated and reputable stock broker.
Check http://www.independentinvestor.co.uk/share_dealing/compare_share_dealing.php as they compare and review loads of stock brokers.
adamh

Return to Euronext