Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

Who else is outraged about the leadership change? What happened to our voice?

Australian markets only: ASX

Postby arden » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:36 am

australians should show a vote of no confidence in the australian political system Where been sold out there are to manny outside influences that are swaying decisions made by governments and our parties are propped up by australian and foreign money and it is these people that are really running the show that's why Rudd was kicked out by his own party because he was going against big businesses .As we all know that this was driven by mining and there is no bigger then BHP Billiton They have just over 200 working mines world wide and 170 odd are hear in Australia and growing . Their in the Business of shipping australia north bit by bit ship by ship BHP Billiton made a profit in 2008 of 39 billion dollars profit means after all expenses including tax that's a huge amount of money that should be shared amongst the australian people its parts of australia their profiting from so pay up or get out i say .We should be trying to bye back some of this foreign ownership and give back to the australian people and let us make the decisions on mining The problem is there is to many people in politics either directly or indirectly involved in political decisions based around mining and the money to be made Its about time thr australian people stood up to this corruption and boot out both parties and start fresh we nead to get rid of over a hundred years of coruption and the people that have been infuencing political decisions we need to stop all the avenues that have been put in place for the rich and gready to maintain power and control. We will only achieve this by booting them all out and starting all over this should happen at least every 50 years to stem coruption If australia keeps going down this road of trying to live the american way of being just a consumer nation and not looking after our resorces and managing them to create a beter future for the next generations of australians to come Then we are all in deep trouble and will be lead down the road of coruption. One more thing is that most people think Democracy means freedom but if u look it up at the bottom it tell the real meaning and it is all about Rule of the people and rule means control so what Democracy means is control of the people We only get a voice once every 4 years and as we just saw that is all BS anyway they do what ever they wont once elected. And the only real power we have in what happens is to do as were told and follow the signs and pay through the nose for everything MONEY the root of all evil. Man has become like a cancer to the planet and money what is driving our distructive ways .
arden

Postby vsneych » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:48 am

Its politics - so of course its ugly.
vsneych

Postby meldon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:08 pm

Don't get me started...I am disgusted by it all. It's a freakin' disgrace. Rudd did not deserve to get the boot.
meldon

Postby noah38 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:10 pm

I am. The Australian voters should vote for their PM. I do not have anything against Julia Gillard but she went about becoming the PM the wrong way. I feel sorry for Kevin Rudd, to win an election after a 11 year drought, then gets back stabbed by his own party. That's politics for you.
noah38

Postby ronson » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:24 pm

obama has a new policy -- if the people want it he is against it
ronson

Postby dicky20 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 pm

It's called the Parliamentary system. You never voted for Rudd for PM in the first place. All the seats remain just as you voted them.

Let's hope the next PM is better not worse?
dicky20

Postby chappell » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:27 pm

This is bulls***. It's an absolute betrayal to Rudd and the people of Australia. It is undemocratic, completely against the Westminster system of Government and should not happen. We need to start a petition to end this bull. Rudd needs to either be returned to his seat of power until the next election or have a new Prime Minister voted in, not replaced.
chappell

Postby rey » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:39 pm

This is bulls***. It's an absolute betrayal to Rudd and the people of Australia. It is undemocratic, completely against the Westminster system of Government and should not happen. We need to start a petition to end this bull. Rudd needs to either be returned to his seat of power until the next election or have a new Prime Minister voted in, not replaced.
I still have steam coming out of my ears. I dont think im alone when i say i'd vote for Rudd all over again

Aleksandra: "IM WITH U TOO!!!"
Wayne: I agree 100%, well said!
rey

Postby elkan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:46 pm

Yes, I agree.
And Wayne, I would be happy to lend my signature to that petition.
elkan

Postby bardulph » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:48 pm

I don't think many people understand Australia's system of government. It is not the same as America, we do not directly elect our leaders. We elect local representatives. Who becomes Prime Minister has always been controlled by the factions of each party.

What has taken place is completely within the bounds of constitutional convention and is therefore in no way un-Australian. It must be your conception of what it means to be Australian that is inaccurate.
bardulph

Next

Return to Australian Stock Picks