Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

I had got offer letter from uk london offering handsome salary but asking mony for working visa is it fake or?

Australian markets only: ASX

I had got offer letter from uk london offering handsome salary but asking mony for working visa is it fake or?

Postby richmond » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:40 am

a uk based company had send me the offer letter through E mail the company is bhp billiton petroleum in london each and evrey thing which they are offering is satisfactory but they are asking for huge amount of moneny for sending working visa whether it is true or fake it is wise to send money to them for visa becoz no doubt it is a very good offer do tell me please as soon as possible.
richmond

Postby burghere » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:41 am

It's a scam.

UK companies are not allowed to recruit non UK/EU workers without a lengthy interview and recruitment process. They must be licensed by the Home Office and therefore need no middlemen agencies to handle visa and documentation. Nor do they charge the applicant any fees for obtaining visas, the sponsor company pays all charges direct to the Home Office.

Any company who contacts you without you contacting them - SCAM
Any conpany the offers you a highly paid job in the UK/EU/US - SCAM
Any company that directs you to a middleman for visa etc - SCAM
Any company that asks for money by western Union - SCAM
Any company that asks you to pay for visa/work documents - SCAM

Do not respond to them - you will be put on a 'mugs list' and your details sold to other criminals.

Do not send them money - You will be helping to fund criminals and possibly terrorists.

Do not send money via Western Union to anyone you don't know personally. No real company would ask you to transfer money in this way. It's untraceable and irretrievable.

Do not give them any personal details - beware of identity theft or bank fraud. Your identity may also be used to commit further crimes against innocent people and this could cause you serious problems in the future.

Please let as many friends and colleagues as you can know about this and ask them to also pass it on. Knowledge is the only way to stop these criminals
burghere

Postby ailbe » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:51 am

You do not pay a company for your work visa. Your company should be paying for your work visa. I've worked abroad in 4 countries and have never once had to pay for my own visa. If a company is sponsoring you, that is one of their expenses.
ailbe

Return to Australian Stock Picks