Welcome to StockForums.info!   

Advertisments:

What is the ticker symbols for Gold future Australia market and Switzerland market?

Australia Securities Exchange

What is the ticker symbols for Gold future Australia market and Switzerland market?

Postby brewer43 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:07 am

I want to know the symbol for Gold Futures for the Australian market and Switzerland Market.
brewer43

Postby mikko56 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:09 am

Whatever you are thinking here isn't right.

First off, there is no Switzerland futures market anymore (SOFFEX). It's been merged with Eurex. I don't recall that they ever traded gold on SOFFEX but maybe they did. Gold futures on Eurex are FGFX http://www.eurexchange.com/trading/products/COM/GOL/FGFX_en.html.

I went to the ASX website and it seems that they do not trade gold futures on ASX (which is pretty surprising to me).

Anyway, do you know that the gold futures should trade at essentially the same peice, they are not "fungible" meaning that you can't say offset EUREX gold with COMEX gold, that the delivery requirements are different, and even if they were priced differently gold ina vault in London is not the same as gold in a vault in Sydney and can't easily be made teh same?
mikko56

Return to ASX